Sunday, January 03, 2016

Make each day count, and enjoy life.

So today is the 3rd of January, and it’s been a bad beginning of a New Year. On the first there was a local Fire at a friend’s business and its seams he might have started the fire and took his own life. What can you say to that? What must be going though someone’s mind? I don’t believe there is anything in this world that would make me take that route; I just cannot picture it happening. Then yesterday at a hockey game I saw a bunch of friends take off for a large fire which too many local departments to respond and long hours. How I feel for those guys and what they have done, I know I have done that. SO I am feeling down over my friend, and feeling sorry for my others friends whom have to endure these past few days and there is nothing I can do to help them. My life has changed so much and my quality of life is so less than normal and for me it’s just a feeling of lost. Yet I try to keep moving as much as I can. I do what I can when I can. I have learned the hard way my limits are now so low on my abilities I have come to terms this is the best I can be. It’s hard for a man whose activity level was very high and always going, do now sitting on the sidelines and watching from a distance. However, no matter how down I feel, and how I long to be more active. I have learned a few new skills that keep me in the game in one way or another. It’s not front line activity, but it’s something to still support the overall mission. So to my friends in the Fire service, I hope day three will end without your services being needed. It’s been an honor to be a Firefighter for 25+ years, and I hope in some small part my actions have improved someone’s life. To my other friend, I feel sorry you saw no other option open to you; I hope you can rest in peace. To all my others friends out there I hope you have wonderful and special lives, and to make each day count not only for yourself but for your families was well. I also wish for a better year than these past few.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home