Tuesday, December 29, 2015

After Christmas and Before the New Year

This year has been full of surprises and at the same time gone so fast. The winter has not been what we mostly would call common around here, yet in its own way has finally starting to show its self. I personally have had some great days and some even worst days this year. I know that I am not alone in this and others had it worst and better. I am not complaining my life is and always will be hard; however I try to make the best of it always. Even as a kid we had hard times, yet my family always seems to always make the best of it no matter what. This Christmas was hard on my family, we lost my Aunt Ann, and she was a Christmas spirit. My Uncle and cousins will remember her for how much she just enjoyed the Christmas time. I will miss her, yet I will honor her in keeping Christmas live for as long as I live. Looking to the New Year, I have a few projects I would like to do, and a few personal things I would like to complete. One very special one with be my 20th anniversary with my wife, I have a few ideas, but that needs some planning and work. However most people know me, once my mind is set, I will get what I want. I see the world around me changing; people are becoming more closed in and worried about “The What IF!”. I know this so much because I played “The What IF!” all the time. I plan for the worst and the best and hope I have covered everything. “The What IF!” can be helpful and can be a harmful all at the same time. Even today, in my current ability I still am playing the “The What IF!” game in planning for worst. I have a home now and I must be ready for “The What IF!” to happen. Will it happen and what will it be, I just don’t know? But I can tell you, I will have something in my bag to extend our survival I hope. To you the reader of this blog, I will share one more thing with you. Get out, do something, help someone, make meaning in your life, then once you have done that, do it again and again. In 25 years in the Volunteer Fire Service I have seen and dome much, not for glory or to be rewarded, just because it’s the right thing to do. Now in my disabled state I have switch roles and now not as much as a worker, now more in communication and reporting. Always thought I would be the one rescuing someone in the mess of a event. Now I have learned that there is a role for everyone, not everyone can be the BIG hero. Even the BIG hero needs someone to support them, inform them, provide information, and even make sure they get the credit. I’m ok with that, so are many others out there too. We all are hero’s one way or another, we just do our part which allows others to do theirs and in the end something good comes from all of that. So to you all Happy New Year and make it count.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home